Coconut Almond Biscotti is another one of our favorite Christmas cookies! Family and friends just love these. Paired with a hot cup of coffee, it’s a delicious treat!
Start of by mixing the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the eggs, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Turn the mixer down to a lower speed and mix until the eggs are all incorporated. On the lowest speed, add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix until combined.
Then, add the sliced almonds and shredded coconut. Mix these well, scraping down the sides to make sure these get all mixed in well.
Shape the dough into 2 logs approximately 10-11 inches long and place on greased cookie sheets. Try not to over handle the dough and it won’t get sticky. Just shape gently and quickly – doesn’t have to be perfect because it will spread when it cooks.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
Let cool for about 20 minutes. Slice each log into slices about 3/4 inches thick.
Place the slices cut side down on the cookie sheets and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
Like most cookies, these coconut almond biscotti freeze really well and defrost quickly.
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 2½ cups all purpose unbleached flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. balking soda
- ¾ cup sliced almonds
- ¾ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Mix butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add extracts and eggs and beat on lower speed until well combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, and baking soda and mix on low speed until mixed.
- Add almonds and coconut and continue mixing on low speed until well combined.
- Form dough into 2 10-11 inch logs and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Slice the logs into ¾ inch pieces and place cut side down on the cookie sheet.
- Bake another 10-15 minutes.