Sweet Potato Fries and Nachos are two of my favorite things to eat, so I thought, why not combine them into Sweet Potato Nachos? The result is pretty yummy!
I used a package of Alexa’s sweet potato waffle fries as the base for these sweet potato nachos. Just bake them up according to the package directions.
While the sweet potato fries are cooking, cook one pound of ground meat (we used turkey) until nice and brown, breaking it up as it cooks.
Stir in 1 Tbsp. chili powder, 1 tsp. garlic, 1 tsp. cumin, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. chipotle (optional).
Add about 1/2 cup of your favorite bottled salsa (or homemade). Stir this around until well mixed.
When the sweet potato waffle fries are ready, top them with the ground meat mixture and 8 oz. of shredded cheddar cheese. We like Cabot extra sharp, although Monterey Jack would be good on these too.
Pop them under the broiler and keep a close eye on them. Take them out when the cheese is all melted, which shouldn’t take too long because everything is already hot.
Add your favorite nacho toppings. We used chopped tomato, onion, and pickled jalapenos. Fresh peppers, avocado, and cilantro would be great toppings too.
- 1 pkg. Alexa's sweet potato waffle fries
- 1 pound ground meat (we used turkey)
- 1 8 oz. pkg. shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. chipotle (optional)
- Cook the sweet potato fries according to the package directions.
- While the sweet potato fries are cooking, brown the ground meat.
- Add the seasonings and the salsa to the meat and cook through.
- Top the sweet potato fries with the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Pop under the broiler for a few minutes until the cheese is melted.