Sweet Potato Sausage Bake is a fast and easy, all in one dinner. It’s easy to put together, versatile, and delicious.
Start out by chopping sweet potatoes, onions, and Brussels sprouts. If you aren’t crazy about Brussels sprouts, you can swap them out for asparagus, green beans, peppers, or any other vegetable that you like. Throw everything in a big bowl, sprinkle with a little olive oil, and add 2 tsp. dried thyme, salt, and pepper. Toss.
Spread this mixture on a cookie sheet. Add pieces of ground sausage all over the top of the vegetable mixture. We used a sweet Italian sausage made fresh at our local Lucky’s grocery store.
Place this in the oven and turn the heat to 425 degrees.
Bake for about 45 minutes, until everything is cooked and nicely browned.
The kids all raved about this dish, including Cal who isn’t crazy about sweet potatoes. The sausage gives everything a really nice flavor. It’s also easy to modify this recipe using different vegetables. While the sweet potato and Brussels sprouts mixture is one of our favorites, some we have also tried and liked are potatoes/peppers/onions, asparagus/butternut squash, and green beans/potatoes/carrots. I like that I can throw this together quickly and not have to make extra sides – everything is included. 🙂
- 1 pound ground sausage (we used Sweet Italian)
- 4-5 large sweet potatoes
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. thyme
- salt and pepper
- Chop the sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and onion into bite sized pieces.
- Add the veges to a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle on thyme, salt, and pepper and toss to coat.
- Spread on a rimmed cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle bits of the sausage all over the vegetables.
- Place in oven and turn the heat to 425 degrees. Bake for 45 - 60 minutes, until cooked through.